Thursday, May 25, 2006

Time is a Relative Thing...

I was sitting in the office today, working on some "stuff" as usual, thinking to myself, "Wow, I've been here a long time...I bet it's about lunch time!" I looked up at the clock and it was only 9:30 AM. Today is my Friday since it's my 9/80, so that must have had something to do with how slow it felt my day was going by. 4:30 rolled around and I was packed and out the door! It's ride night with the gals, so I wanted to get home.

Had a good group ride. Paige, Sue and Kim showed up for the Foothills, heading out from the house. A bit hot to start out, but as the evening progressed, the weather wasn't bad at all. Ran into Dan's ride group--Dan, Mike and Randy--while out there. They'd started at Juan Tabo and were doing part of the Foothills too. The gals had a great spin and got a chance to yack it up, as usual, in the driveway afterwards.

I'm really enjoying these rides and am glad I'm getting the opportunity to ride with friends again. I think Kara (another beginner we're trying to recruit) and Kiyoko (a newbie to Albuquerque, but not new to mountain biking) may try to make next week's ride, so this should be lots of fun!

Ride Stats
  • Distance: 15.7 miles
  • Total time: 2:12 hrs
  • Ride time: 1:44 hrs
  • Avg speed: 8.8 mph
  • Max speed: 23.5
  • Calories burned: 761
  • Avg heartrate: 141
Well, got the "honey do" list from Matt this evening, so it looks like he's planned out my chores from afar. My Friday off and he puts me to work!! Yep, he's gonna owe me one for this! :o)

We're off to Durango for the Iron Horse Classic. I rode it last year, but won't be doing it this year. Defintely next year though!! Regardless, I'll have a nice few days of riding on my own. Not sure if I'm going to bring a road and mountain bike or just road. I'm leading toward riding the road this go around. We'll see...

2 comments:

WUNNSPEED said...

Honey do list from the other end of the States. I'd say, cut 'im off for a few days. Teach him who's boss. :-)

ojulius said...

Yeah, to hell with the oil change for the vehicle and a LAMINATED bike map!! Nyahhhh!!!