Sunday, May 21, 2006

New Mexico Summer

Damn it's getting hot around here. The high was 92 degrees, with a "RealFeel" of 95. It felt like friggin' 95 all right. It'll be in the upper 80s to 90s all week, with no rain in sight. I can't believe people run around like Chicken Little dreading this "pending" bird flu when we are running into a drought and could be out of water well within my lifetime in this part of the country. Enough ranting...

Got in a good mountain bike ride today while Matt took off for the Sandia Crest. Of course, Matt doesn't start from Tijeras like the map in the link shows...he starts from home! I've done that ride once. Once!! I'm not jumping to do it again any time soon either.

Elena Gallegos wasn't too bad today bike traffic wise. Guess that was in part due to the fact that I actually took off earlier than I usually do. I think I made it out the door at 9:45 AM!!! Can you believe that?!? I'm usually not out the door until after 11 AM. I was quite proud of myself and Matt almost didn't believe me when I told him what time I left. ;o)

The hikers were nice today and so was I. The only grouchy people I ran into were pretty much bikers. You know, the kind that totally ignore you when you say, "Hi!". What a bunch of posers. The only rude hiker today was some fatty having a tough time getting up a climb. Maybe she didn't move or acknowledge me because she couldn't breath. I don't know...she was just being a jerk, but I refrained from being a jerk back to her and just smiled and said hello.

So, stats for today's ride are below:
  • Max speed: 22.8
  • Average speed: 10.2 (riding along the pavement on the way to Elena really boosted up that stat, not usually that fast on the MTB)
  • Ride time: 1:33 hrs
  • Total time: 1:41 hrs
  • Distance: 15.7 miles
  • Calories: 584
  • Avg heart rate: 143

No comments: