Sunday, May 07, 2006

Painting

So I suck as a painter. It's quite evident now. It took me all day (well, as long as Matt was out riding in Cedro/Otero) to paint just the upper part of the house from the deck--leaning over the side--and part of the backyard area...and it only looks so-so. I couldn't choose the correct tool (brush size, roller, whatever) if my life depended upon it!

It was a rest day today. I'm taking Matt's advice and will take a 3 day consecutive rest to see if I can reduce the hip pain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've got more than enough to do this week, so I shouldn't go too stir crazy.

Well, another week is about to begin. Having 9/80s is great until I get the short weekend. It seems way too short. Saturday and Sunday. That's it!! At least I only have 4 days at work this week. 1 day will be shot at a conference being held where I work. I have 2 presentations for that, so I still need to prepare.

I have a meeting with Danny Milo, Senator Bingaman's Albuquerque Field Representative Monday afternoon. I'm meeting him with Chris and Russ from the club, FooMTB. We'll be talking to him about trail issues: Wilderness, Save Otero, and a national IMBA issue for RTCA.

2 comments:

WUNNSPEED said...

Nice pic of the Kittie... mine does that when I start the vacuum cleaner.

Isn't housework fun? Man, I'm so glad to be in an apartment.

ojulius said...

You guys have a cat?!? Never seen a picture of that in any of your posts. Poor, neglected beast...