Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Noisy Eater

So, I got nuthin' to report progress-wise. I overtrained--again!! And now I'm taking it easy. Yesterday was upper body lifting at the gym. The pudgy muscle heads that walk around with their chests sticking out crack me up. They're just about as bad as the pot-bellied barbie doll chicks with hardly any clothes on that strut around trying to pick up the muscle heads. It can be quite a spectacle sometimes.

So today, did some time on the elliptical. Tomorrow I'll spin. I'm planning to do some real riding on the weekend that won't over-fatigue me. My MTB beginner ride group I'm leading is planning a ride next Thursday, and I plan to be ready for that!

So yesterday, I'm sitting in my office trying to mind my own business when a coworker--I call this person the "noisy eater"--starts smacking away as usual. It's always noisy. I'm in a cube (with a door), so the sound goes right over the walls and into my cube. Sometimes it's slurping, but most often it's more of a smack-thwuuupp kind of a sound. Yesterday it sounded like shelled sunflower seeds were being downed by the handful. It was bad! So I couldn't help myself. I exited my cubicle, casually looking into this person's office to see what the fare of the day was. Turns out the coworker was chewing gum. That's it!!!! Never heard anyone chew gum like that before. It's sad and hopeless all at the same time. I will say that it wasn't as bad as the farting coworker. That was THE WORST!! Must have had some bad Mexican food the night before because this person was unloading the SBDs like there was no tomorrow. The stench was gut-wrenching. Nothing I could really do because the smell just kept wafting over my cube walls. The door did nothing to protect my olfactory glands on that day.

I finally emailed Matt to tell him the hell I was going through. I was looking for a sympathetic ear, but got nothing but laughs and later an offer to use his office fan. I was ready to call it a day and find somewhere else to work, but the coworker must have gone home to unload whatever foulness was dwelling in the belly. End of that torture.

Enough said. I'm ready to go to sleep.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Sp what is this...whining wednesday?

To bad though the farter and noisy eater can't share and office.

The worst I ever had was the over- clicker. Guy would click like a thousand times when he used his mouse. I'd hear this click-clickityclick-click-clickity-click-clickityclick-click-click, just over and over and over. It was funny too, because I could tell when he was having computer problems!

ojulius said...

This isn't whining. It's merely a recollection of the important things that happened at work.