Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Smooth Riding


Nothing rides like a titanium bike! Matt told me that, but now I truly understand. I got to take the Moots for a test ride Sunday through the neighborhood--about 15 minutes. The stormy weather was slowly rolling in across the horizon from the West, but I was able to take advantage of a brief respite of sun before the long-awaited snowfall. What a beautiful day!

Not only did I get to ride the Moots, but I also hopped on the Intense. This bike is gonna fly on the single track. I can't wait to take it out to the Cedro/Otero trails! This bike is totally tricked out with a Manitou Skareb fork that has a trigger on the handlebar that allows you to go between 80 and 100 mm of travel. Pretty sweet!

Other than the short spin, Sunday was a rest day.

Monday it was time to hit the gym for some upper body weight lifting. Checking in was a hassle. Turns out that even if you scan your little membership card and the computer says, "Welcome", it doesn't mean you're good to go. You actually have to read the computer screen (which you can rarely see because of the glare from the sun that reflects off the screen) to see if you need to pay your membership dues for the month. Turns out, I used the gym 4 times and needed to renew. The club tried to charge me for 4 separate days ($32) of use PLUS the 1/2 month membership of $22, PLUS a $3 late fee. Anyway, had to talk with a manager to get that taken care of. What a bunch of BUTT WIPES! Defined Fitness is a FooMTB sponsor, but they totally suck! I can't wait until I don't have to go here anymore...

Ran into Nat, my old boss from Honeywell, at the club. I figured he'd be there since the weather hasn't been the greatest lately. He's a heck of an athlete! Basketball, Tennis, Golf, Cycling, Mountain Biking, Gym Rat...you name it, he does it! Very impressive individual.

Stats for the day (3/20/06)
  • Stationary bike 45 minutes--too lazy to cross train today on different machines
  • Pulleys for legs
  • Upper Body (dips, pull ups, pull, push, chest, flys)

No comments: