Saturday, March 11, 2006

Keys

Keys....you can't get far from the house without them, and I was stuck at home all day because I didn't have mine. Some how they ended up in the Element, which was with Matt at Cedro. Oh well, no biggie, I improvised and worked out at home.

Got on the trainer for the first time since the surgery. Rode the Giant TCR Composite 1. I really like this bike! Didn't get to ride too long. My butt hurts on the seat. It's not really my butt, it's my sit bone on the right side of my butt cheek. Too much pressure on it too long starts to lead to some serious discomfort in that area. I can adjust my position in the saddle, but that only goes so far. Dr. Santore said this would happen and it would eventually go away, so I'm not too concerned about it. Riding in the regular bicycle riding position was refreshing. You get a very upright position when riding the stationary bikes. It's not at all like riding a real bike.

So, I decided to learn a bit about those "sit bones", actually called the "ischium" (note the blue arrow). Turns out they are directly behind my acetabulum (that cuplike shape in the middle of the diagram on the right), where the cuts were made. That explains the discomfort.

So, here are the results for the day...

3/11/2006 Results
  • Trainer/Giant 25 minutes, alternating positions with hands in the neutral position, in the drops (most difficult), and upright with hands on hips
  • PT exercises/stretches
When I got back home last night from my trip to TN, Matt showed me a beautiful sight. My Moots is almost complete, minus the front derailleur. It's absolutely beautiful! A work of art. Titanium and silver colors blend together to make one sweet looking sub 22 pound bike!! I'll get a pic up soon as well as the built up Intense that also looks great!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Maybe your butt hurts for another reason?