Monday, March 06, 2006

Riverboats and Rednecks

Okay, making fun of rednecks and stereotyping these folks is probably not nice....dear Lord, please forgive me for making fun of the fat-assed rednecks floating along the fake indoor river on theme park riverboats for tours (that they PAID for) inside the Gaylord Opryland Hotel...and please save all the starving Pygmies in Africa. Oh, and Mom & Mike...if you rode that boat when you were here for the Flute Convention, I don't think the 2 of you are fat-assed...just rednecks. ;o)

Here's a view from my hotel room balcony. It seems really cool, but they play the piped in music ALL NIGHT LONG! Every time the music hits a certain high-pitched tone, it wakes me up. Uggghhhh......

That said, there's nothing more to report about my trip to Nashville, TN so far. The Software Engineering Process Group conference is good, which is the only reason why I'm here. I present (you can see me in the bottom left hand corner of the program) on Wednesday, so I need to pull out my slides that I submitted back in December so I can remember what the heck I'm going to be talking about. So that's all I got to say about that.

So, on the upside, the hotel has an excellent workout facility and indoor pool with lap lanes. Nice and warm. Even has a life guard! The sucky part about the thing is that my locker (electronic) didn't work and I had to wait around in my bathing suit for security to let me into my locker. That ticked me off because they took their slow southern time getting over to the locker room...and they say NM is the land of manana. Puhleeze!!

Stationary bikes are cool at this gym. They have the TVs built right into the screen so you can watch the tube and track your stats (time, speed, distance, calories, heart rate, etc.). Very nice...

3/05/2006 Results
  • Stationary bike 30 min
3/06/2006 Results
  • Stationary bike 40 min
  • Pool 30 min (front & back cross, braiding, side stepping, marching, boxes--the remaining pool moves that are still a little painful)
  • Swimming 3 laps breast stroke, 3 laps kick board, 2 laps backstroke
  • Hot tub 15 min

No comments: