Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday

I've ditched the single crutch and am now officially on the cane full time. Before, I was just using the cane at home for short distances.

Otherwise, not a very exciting day. Boring, long drawn out meetings at work all day. I guess it makes the time pass by fast, so that's the upside to them.

I have an appointment with Sallie tomorrow for PT. I'm going to see if I can start adding some light leg weights to my routine. The stuff I'm doing now is getting boring (exercise wise). I also need to find an exercise that strengthens the groin area since this is an area that I keep getting sharp pains.

I'll be meeting with Dr. Grady tomorrow too at Sandia Medical. I'm hoping she lets me continue my sickness absence plan for my rehabilitation. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Went to Defined with Matt tonight. Had to pay my membership. I've been going for free for a while because none of the employees noticed that my membership was expired...until tonight. Drat!

3/12/2006 Results
  • Trainer/Giant, 30 minutes, 4 minutes cool down, very slow cadence
  • PT Exercises and Stretches

3/13/2006 Results
  • Stationary bike (6-7 resistance level), 30 minutes
  • Upper body (asterisks only)
  • Pulleys
    • Hip abduction is the most painful on the groin (I think somewhere around the inferior pubis ramus--see image below, which may be where one of the cuts was made in my pelvis), I can lift 5 lbs, barely, 10 reps
    • Hip extension is the easiest. I can lift 10 lbs, 15 reps
    • Hip flexion has always been difficult, but is slowly becoming easier. I can lift 5 lbs, 10 reps
    • Hip adduction about the same as hip flexion, but a little easier. I can lift 5 lbs, 15 reps; interestingly, it doesn't hurt that groin area as much as the abduction

No comments: