Thursday, March 09, 2006

Conference Lesson

One thing you should never do when you are on a crutch, is get in the way of people trying to get to the snack table during a break at a conference. You're more than likely to get run over. I wish they'd put the drinks on a table other than the food table...then maybe I would have been safe. All I wanted was some freakin' decaf coffee, since they don't serve bottled water. The tap water the hotel serves out of pitchers tastes like the air smells. That's really strange to me. The only day I didn't get pushed out of the way was the day the hotel decided to serve fruit for the snack of the day. There were some ticked off people that day!! I managed to snag a banana for breakfast the next day, so I was happy.

Lots of thunderstorms here in TN today. The weather has been pretty much cloudy and rainy the entire time I've been here. There were even warnings of some possible tornadoes...nothing so far though, and it's almost midnight. Yikes! I need to get to sleep. I shouldn't have had that Americano today during the break. Doh!

The one thing I do like at this hotel is its brand new spa and fitness center. It's the cleanest fitness center (and pool) I've ever seen and all the equipment is brand new. Apparently they just recently remodeled it. I was able to do all my PT stuff, including stretches/exercises on really nice new yoga mats. I'd actually like to have a yoga mat for myself.

3/7/2006 Results
  • Upper Body--the full workout minus the dips and chin ups--no machine for that
  • Stationary bike, 30 minutes
  • PT Stretches only
3/8/2006 Results (morning workout!)
  • There was an invitation only reception I needed to go to in the evening to "network" with Joan, the Lockheed Martin Corporate SSRC Director. She's the one who maintains contact with the SEI for all CMMI appraisers...she's good to know, obviously. Anyway, thought I would try a morning workout so I wouldn't miss it in the evening--no breakfast, just a cup of black coffee
  • Stationary bike, 30 minutes
  • PT Stretches, Exercises and Pulley
  • I felt a little dizzy when on the bike, guess that happens when you haven't eaten--otherwise, a good workout
3/9/2006 Results
  • Upper Body--the full workout minus the dips and chin ups--no machine for that
  • Stationary bike, 40 minutes!!
  • PT Stretches, Exercises, Pulley
  • Swimming--2 laps each breast stroke, kick board, backstroke
Home tomorrow and back to the Mattstar and Fiev. It will be good to be there!

No comments: