Saturday, March 18, 2006

More Wind!

The wind is brutal today! Regardless, I managed a new record on the bar bike. I went from the house to Spain Rd. on the paved Tramway Trail. Heading toward Spain, I sometimes felt like I was barely moving. There was one guy running in front of me at a mad pace. I wondered if I'd ever catch him...on the bike! It was granny on the way out. On the return, I had the wind at my back (and the big chain ring in gear--another first!), which made life a lot easier, but I still didn't ride any faster...probably because I was tired from pushing into the wind. Overall, 30 minutes on the bike (15 out to Spain, 15 back).

I'm pretty happy with the ride. I'm very sore right now, but I did all my PT exercises before heading out, so it's to be expected. I'll know by late tonight or tomorrow whether or not I pushed it too hard. I'd rather push it and then back off rather than not do enough. I'm sure Sallie, my PT would argue with me on that one. :)

So, I really need to get my workout schedule cleaned up again. Maybe I'll do that later today or tomorrow. It's getting to be a pain to scroll through the blog to find the Routines. Plus, some of the exercises have been replaced with others. I just need to clean things up a bit. Oh, and NO MORE UBE (Upper Body Ergometer)!! Yeah! That machine is from hell. I hated it. Pedaling with your arms is just not natural. It's almost as bad as swimming...and to think that I'm a Pisces! Doesn't make sense.

No comments: