Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Running in Circles

You know how funny it is when you see a dog chasing its tail? It's even funnier when it's a cat. However, when you realize that it's you who has been chasing the proverbial tail, it's not so funny anymore. I just had an epiphany at work today, and realized that a team I've been working with has been chasing it's tail for some time--and I'm dizzy. Now the question is, can I jump out of the circle after I've been asked to lead the chase? We shall see...

Well, on to the real reason why this blog was created...got on the trainer today using the road bike. Rode for 30 minutes, 2 minutes straight in the neutral position. Still have difficulties riding in the drops. Afterwards, did the PT stretches and then hit the shower.

We're heading to Solvang, CA for Matt's second double century road race! I think that if he could ride 24 hours a day every day without becoming exhausted, he'd do it. He's really amazing (or crazy). :) There are 544 riders registered for this race. I guess it's a record breaker for the event.

So, we're packed and ready to go. We'll head to work tomorrow, do the dirty deed that keeps food on the table, then cut outta town and start the road trip. It's going to be a long drive!

No comments: