Friday, February 10, 2006

Small World

I saw Mike M and Nat at the gym tonight. Got to talk to both of them! Mike's getting ready for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo and is hoping the weather is good this year. He's going to be racing solo with his Dad crewing for him and the 2 dogs there for moral support.

Nat was working out at the gym since the weather is a bit cool out in the evenings...can't play golf in that! He came by and reminded me that I still need to donate money to Big Brother Big Sisters for him. He's doing the annual bowling event, which is actually a pretty big deal for the organization. Lots of people turn out from different companies.

Well, I've been slacking on the workouts, but will be doing the full thing Saturday and Sunday. Then I'm going to start breaking things down and alternating upper body and lower body every other day. Sallie told me that I'm working my muscles too hard and need to give them a rest in order to maximize my benefits. She sounds just like Dr. Ross in the Maximum Performance for Cyclists book. I'm going to try out his training program once I can get back on the bike.

Results for Thursday:
  • UBE for 45 minutes
  • Stationary bike for 15 minutes, 2 30-sec breaks, one at 5 and another at 10
  • Pulley hip exercises--I had to do 5 pounds since that was the lightest weight. I used around 3 pounds in Sallie's office. I was able to do 3x6 with this weight, although I didn't have very good form on the last set. I may drop down to zero weight on the last set next time.
Results for Friday:
I was really tired today. Not sure why. I still squeezed out a small workout though.
  • UBE for 40 minutes
  • Stationary bike for 10, no breaks
Mr. Tokyo for dinner on Friday--salmon was great! Il Vicino for our normal Thursday ritual. I tried the Insalata Fresca--they have a new menu. Salad wasn't bad, but not my favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

small world for small people