Saturday, February 18, 2006

Anaheim

We're in "sunny" Southern CA...Except the sun decided to take a vacation or something. Actually, it's been peeking out every now and then, but for the most part, it's been cloudy.

I sent Matt off for his Butterfield Double Century this morning at 6:15. Didn't look like 198 riders started, but some could have taken off at the earlier 4:45 start time (Matt, no need to tell me my photo skills suck, I realize that, as evidenced by the pics included here). I think the rain and cold weather scared some away. Apparently, they had a really crappy day last year. So far, the day has been on and off showers that don't last too long. I'm thinking Matt shouldn't be too bad, although it would have been nice to have rain pants, I'm sure.

So, yesterday, I decided to try out 24 Hour Fitness (sucks) in Anaheim. They had this offer for a 10-day free membership, so I thought that would be a great idea! Unfortunately, I had to prove residency!! I ended up paying a $15 one-day fee for a gym that wasn't nearly as nice as Defined. Plus, their pool was outdoors! With the storm rolling in, it was too chilly for me to do the swim exercises, so I did the following below instead.

Oh, took Wed and Thurs off. I've been having a lot of joint inflammation lately. I need to see if I should still be taking my prescription anti-inflammatory meds.

Part of the issue could be that I've started to consistently use 1 crutch rather than 2. This will work out the muscles more and could cause the pain.

Results 2/17/06
  • UBE 45 minutes
  • Stationary bike 20 minutes (2 breaks at 10 and 15)
  • Upper body workout (the entire one)
Results 2/18/06
  • Decided to use the gym at the hotel instead. Not bad, but not that great either...
  • Stationary bike 20 minutes (2 breaks at 10 and 15)
  • All Lower body except the pool stuff and exercise ball. I used a Theraband (red) instead of pulleys for the leg weights.
UPDATE
Matt did awesome!! Here are the results of the Butterfield Double Century.

No comments: