Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Good Tips

I couldn't help myself. After typing my blog last night, I went straight downstairs and did parts of Routine 3 & 4. I must have eaten something bad, because a stomach ache stopped me before I could finish. I didn't do any ab exercises (crunches/obliques), no stability ball, no weight shifting and no kneeling stretch from Routine 3.

This morning, I woke up bright and early, ate a light bite, fixed Matt's lunch, then headed to Defined Fitness to workout. Arrived around 6:45 AM, giving me 1 hr and 30 min to exercise, shower and dress because I have a conference to attend today.

Results: UBE 25 min, Stationary bike 12 min (no breaks, resistance level 2), 2 laps each for all "walking" type pool exercises in Routines 1 & 2, plus everything else I normally do. Nothing significant to report...no real pain today. Yeah!!

After the rather boring conference, I went to visit Sandy. Got some more great advice from her and notes to myself for my visit with Sallie tomorrow. Borrowed Sandy's cane and am actually looking forward to using it! Hair cut at Laru Ni Hati ended the day. Nothing major, but enough change to make Matt crinkle his nose at it.
Some things I need to remember for my next visits with Sallie. Great suggestions from Sandy:
  1. Make sure Sallie is aware of the fact I'm meeting with SNL doctor for follow up end of Feb. I need to make sure the doc knows I need to continue therapy.
  2. Ask about more advanced pool exercises.
  3. Ask about any limits on # of visits I'm allowed.
  4. Ask about what I should do to work on my scar.
  5. Ask about upper body weight lifting.

No comments: