Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's That Time Again!

So I'm counting down the minutes till it's time to head home for the evening ride, trying to ignore the smacking sounds coming from Noisy Eater's office (if you've been reading my blog, you know about this already). I'm starting to pack up when Noisy Eater lets one rip--I mean RIP! It was one of those really loud ones that reverberated from ass to chair like there was no tomorrow. I busted up laughing and quickly realized that since I'm in a cube, everyone can hear me, so I follow up the laugh with some profuse coughing, hoping to disguise my immature, yet totally acceptable--in my opinion, response. That's it, I'm not sticking around for the aftermath, so I take off, holding my breath, hoping I don't breath in any noxious fumes on the way out.

There's nothing like being outside, riding your bike to unwind from yet another uneventful day at work. It's even better when you have someone around to share that ride with. Tonight, Paige, Kiyoko and Sue met up at my place for the weekly Chica Ride. We did Kim's ride, which was perfect since Kiyoko's shifting wasn't working all that well. The bike needs some lovin', that's all I gotta say. Hopefully Bike World will treat it right and get it back up and running! The ride was fun, although there are increasingly more sandy spots on the trails from overuse. Sure wish it would rain!! I think I will venture out on the singlespeed when we do this ride again. There will be parts I won't be able to make, but might as well try!

Ride Stats
  • Distance: 15 miles
  • Max speed: 22.5 mph
  • Avg speed: 7.1 mph
  • Ride time: 1:55 hrs
Well, Matt and I are ready for Malibu, CA this weekend. Matt's doing another 200 miler, and I'm going to do some nice riding on my own, that won't even come close to 200 miles. I've ridden part of Mulhulland Hwy out there, so I may ride more of that or ride from Agoura Hills to Malibu and back. Haven't really decided and will play that one by ear.

1 comment:

K said...

Thanks for taking me on an easy ride this week. I had a blast again.
I'm taking the bike in tomorrow when I can wear less dressy clothes :) Hopefully it won't be too much work that needs to be done.

Have fun in Malibu!