Saturday, June 10, 2006

Playing in the Dirt

Went back to the Foothills again for a ride. Not much around here I can ride right now. Still, had a good time. I decided to attempt the North Foothills again. Last time I did this I walked most of the North side. This time, I took off from the house, starting out on Dan's trail. I made it to the Tram parking lot with only 3 stops. Not bad! Took a break at the start of the climb up to the water tank and made it to the top without a stop. Impressive (for me)!! The terrain is still too rocky for me in parts, but the good news? The rock garden is now a challenge again! I ended up walking through that too. It hurt too much to be bouncing around in that. Maybe I should have taken the Intense, but I don't care, I still had a blast!

I rode all over the central part of the Foothills, then back down the dirt trail along Simm's Park Rd and paved Tramway trail back to the house.

Ride Stats
  • Distance: 16 miles
  • Ride time: 2:00 hrs
  • Total time: 2:20 hrs
  • Max speed: 30.5 mph
  • Avg speed: 7.5 mph
  • Avg heartrate: 148
  • Calories: 800
Ouch--I'm very sore right now. Took some ibuprofen, but that didn't do the trick, so I took something a little better. That's at least masking the pain, but I can still feel it from the inside out, right at the hip joint. I think I did enough to inflame it just a tad today. Ahhhh, such is recovery. :)

So, waiting for Matt to get back from his century ride. He should have been back an hour ago if he was doing a century, so my guess is that he's decided to make it a 100+ ride today. Surprise? Not really!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Dan's trail is always fun...either direction and always full of tricks. I've seen some damn good riders walk their bikes up there.