Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Revisiting Old Stomping Grounds

Kim and I did the Chica ride this evening, and decided to take an alternative from the route we normally take...one that Kim and Randy ride, but that I haven't ridden in a very long time. We headed down to Spain on the paved Tramway Trail and then rode the dirt up to the Spain parking lot and continued up, doing a loop in the Foothills. Then we headed back down the trails and rode around in Bear Canyon Arroyo. On the way home, I showed Kim the dirt trails that parallel the paved trail--pretty fun! Kiyoko will love this route. We'll have to take her on that next time she rides. :)

It was a quiet night on the trails. I think the looming rain clouds scared people away. But, as usual, the clouds were there only to taunt us. We got some sprinkles on the way out for the ride, but then nice weather the rest of the time. This was the perfect ride to follow after my Triple Lindy--Light from last night. I was pretty sore this afternoon and a tad bid nervous about riding, but this route was just enough to get my muscles loosened up without adding to the joint pain. I'm thinking that I could probably take the singlespeed out on this route for my first time on that bike. Not quite ready for it yet, but soon!

Ride Stats
  • Distance: 15.2 miles
  • Max speed: 25.5
  • Avg speed: 8.7
  • Ride time: 1:55 hrs
  • Total time: 2:07 hrs
  • Calories: 550
Well, I've been in 2 days of training off site from work. It's been nice to be away, but it's back to the old grindstone tomorrow. Blech!

3 comments:

K said...

I wish I could have made it tonight. The Hubs got sent home from work early today b/c he's miserable too. Uck. So I guess it's a good thing I didn't leave him alone with the munchkins tonight.

It sounds like an awesome ride, I can't wait :)

Matt said...

Yeah no reason why you can't take that route on your SS bike. I doubt you ever left the middle chainring on the geared bike - and if you did, ummmmm.....why??. But no need to rush into things...you're recovering!

ojulius said...

Hey K--we're riding next week, so hope you can make it! Just sent out an email on the ride.

M--ummmmmm, yeah, I went in granny once or twice on a short "climb" for me and also when I went through a huge sand pit in Bear Canyon because ummmmmmm, I'm freaking injured still!!! ;) You are correct though, for the most part, I stayed in my middle ring.