Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Last PT Visit

I've graduated from physical therapy! Actually, I graduated on April 17, but forgot to post that I had finished. Here's the lowdown--
4/17/06 Routine 9
  • New Stretches
    • Knee to chest (right and left knees)--pull knees as far as possible toward chest
    • Cross Ankle--across the opposite knee, sitting upright in a chair. Do with both legs.
  • New Exercises
    • Continue the hip flexion exercise where I lay on my back, right leg hanging off, with weight. Lift the leg up on bench with knee bent.
    • Hip flexion at gym--with knee bent, lift weight up with quad parallel with the floor
    • Lunges--use a 30" stride by marking the length on the floor with tape. Do with both legs and add weight as I become stronger.
    • Step ups--on an 8" step, one leg "floating" over the ground, drop the leg until the heel hits the floor, then straighten the leg on the step. Do with both legs.
    • Heel to Hand--standing, bring the right heel up to the left hand quickly and return heel to floor. Work this to improve fast twitch muscles in both legs.
    • Heel Lifts--1 leg at a time, add weight as I become stronger
  • Things to continue from previous Routines--
    • Leg Presses
    • Knee Exercises
    • Advanced Stability Ball
    • Pulleys

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»