Monday, April 24, 2006

Cruising Along the Beach

Great day today...sunny, slight breeze, perfect for riding along the paved bike trail along the beach in Santa Monica! So I cruised up and down it's entire length. Unfortunately, it was shut off at the end of Venice Beach for some construction. I still got in a good hour of pretty fast pedaling, so I'm pretty happy with that.

It's cooler than I thought it was going to be, but it's still very nice. Matt and I have been hanging out for the most part. Matt's still recovering from his Mullholland Double Century. He ended up getting 8th place! His friend David, got 7th. That's pretty darn awesome considering the broken front derailler he got at mile 70!

We're at Barney's Beanery now, enjoying Happy Hour. $2.50 Blue Moons! Can't beat that. We were planning on just surfing the net since they have free wireless internet. Maybe we'll just get drunk instead.

Tomorrow we're heading home. I'm enjoying myself too much to really want to go home, but I guess all good things must come to an end. Bummer...work awaits me. Eck, I think it's time to go buy another lottery ticket.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Your man must be pretty impressive. You should make him breakfast or something. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»