Sunday, April 09, 2006

Biking in the Bosque

Got to go road biking along the Bosque today. It was another gorgeous NM day, providing absolutely no excuse for staying indoors. There were lots of people out enjoying the weather, but we had no issues with sharing the trail today. That was a pleasant surprise right there!

Met Paige and Lisa in the Alameda parking lot, and we took off for our ride. I took off from the house wearing my long-sleeved Crazy Cat jersey, but quickly shed that for the short-sleeved version once I got to the parking lot. We did 20 miles at a nice, leisurely pace a bit past the bio-park and back. We dropped Lisa off and did a harder ride for about 10 miles. It was a great way for me to get in the miles without the pain that usually goes along with it.

Stats for the Ride:
  • 11.7 avg mph (I know it's slow, I'll pick up the pace next time--I'm drinking my milk, remember??)
  • 21.5 mph max speed
  • 31.4 total miles
  • 2 hrs, 40 min ride time
  • 2 hrs, 53 min total time
Matt and I headed out to the usual for food and beverage. I could have cooked dinner, but I just didn't feel like it tonight. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I've got a bag packed for the gym, may just do upper body to give the hip joint a rest. It's sore now and I'm back to depending upon the cane, but it doesn't hurt as bad as the last ride. I'm either building more strength or riding smarter. Who knows?!? I'm riding, and that's really all I care about anyway. The rest will come in due time.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."

-- John Quincy Adams, U.S. President

No comments: