Friday, April 14, 2006

Foothills Fun

I took the Intense out for a spin in the dirt today. First time I managed to get in some good singletrack!! I did make one big mistake though. I forgot that Matt and I hadn't dialed in the fork or shock, so that was definitely not good for the gear. I rode pretty light today, so I hope I didn't do any damage.

Took the paved Tramway Trail to Simms Park Rd and rode the dirt trail up to the Elena Gallegos check-in building (you can see the trail along the road in the pic). Headed right on Tr. 365 and took that to the parking lot off Montgomery. Turned back, then headed down toward Bear Canyon Arroyo and took a short cruise down there. By the time I hit Bear Canyon, my hip was pretty sore and the muscles were getting stiff too, so I took a short spin through there and headed back on the dirt trails that parallel the paved Tramway trail. Cut into another dirt spot to the hood and took the back streets home.

Overall, a great day!

Ride time: 1 hr, 46 min
Total time: ~2 hrs, 15 min (I had to stop a lot)
Total miles: 15.32
Average speed: 8.3 mph

Going for a road ride with Paige tomorrow on the Bosque paved trail. Then at 5 PM, we're having a girl party--Paige, Sue and Denise are coming over for some brew and chat. Matt will be coming back from the San Ysidro Dirty Century at the White and Red Mesas around that time, so I'll make some food for him and we'll share what's left of the brew. ;o)

No comments: