Sunday, April 02, 2006

Riding the Paved Trail

Well, another new milestone has now been met. I got in my first road ride since the surgery on the Giant TCR1. I was ready to head out on my own, but Matt decided to warm up for his big ride with me. So we headed out on Tramway Blvd and then turned off toward the Elena Gallegos entrance. Got to the check in building and headed back down, taking the neighborhood streets back to the house. The weather was great! Lots of sun, temp at 68 degrees according to my bike computer, slight breeze. I wore my very cool Crazy Cat gear. I have a long sleeved jersey with wind block in the chest. That's one of the coolest piece of clothing I own!

So I don't forget, here's the route:
  • Simms Park Rd NE (Elena Gallegos Rd)
  • Rt on Eagle Ridge Ln NE
  • Lt on Eagle Ridge Rd NE
  • Rt on Rockrose Rd NE
  • Rt on San Rafael Rd NE
  • Lt on Bobcat Blvd NE
  • Lt on Deer Dr. NE
  • Rt on Tramway Lane NE (I'll pass Bobcat Blvd)
  • Rt on Big Horn Ridge Rd NE
  • Lt on Big Horn Ridge Dr NE
  • Rt on Juniper Hill Rd NE (cross Tramway Rd NE)
  • S on Juniper Hill Rd NE
  • Rt on Cedar Hill Rd NE
  • Rt on Tramway Lane NE
I could have continued on Juniper Hill Rd, but the hip had really started hurting, so I sent Matt on his way and headed back home. There was a lot of climbing on this ride...more than I probably should have done for a first ride out, but it sure was fun!! I was weak enough in the hip muscles at the end of the ride to make it impossible to put full weight on my right leg (pain level 6 out of 10) and walk without the cane. I'm still sore and stiff in the joint, so I'll take it easy tomorrow. I need to still work on strengthening the muscles around the right hip. I've started the leg press, so that should help. Standing in the pedals was very difficult too. This was a good baseline for future rides.

Total Ride Time: 1 hour!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Now get out and RIDE!