Sunday, July 23, 2006

Taos: Mondragon--South Boundary Ride

Went up to Taos today with Matt and Denise. I only semi-remembered the route, so Denise was coming along for the ride and to help me recall all the turns...we figure 2 heads are better than 1?? We'll see next time we take the route on our own!

So we started out from the SBT parking area, taking the road about 7 miles up to the Mondragon Trail Head. We climbed, climbed and climbed some more up to the SBT. From there we did a tad more climbing and then had super fun technical downhill for the rest of they way out. Matt took me on this route a little over a month ago. I've got some great pics at that link.

Beautiful day to ride, but my legs sure got a workout!! After yesterday's climbing at Santa Fe, I had lactic acid in the quads all stinking day! I definitely built some muscle today. I also found a new limit for the ole' hip. It was pretty sore from yesterday, and now it's very sore...good news though; I rode more of the technical downhill stuff on South Boundary than last time!! We had a hint of rain on the way down, but it decided to leave with only a few drops. Much dryer than the ride yesterday in Santa Fe with Paige!

As always, we finished the ride with a visit to Eske's for dinner and beer, then went home to Albuquerque. Tomorrow is going to be a very well-earned rest day!

Ride Stats
  • Ride time: 3:33 hrs
  • Total time: 4:26 hrs
  • Distance: 27.4 miles
  • Elevation climb: 3600 ft
  • Average speed: 7.7 mph
  • Max speed: 37 mph
  • Average heart rate: 146
  • Calories: 1569

1 comment:

Matt said...

Nice riding with the both of you. Do this and tack on DEvisidero and you have yourselves a major epic.