Monday, July 17, 2006

Breckenridge Weekend and a Monday Night Ride

Did I mention that my husband is a freakin' stud?!? Check out these stats for the Breckenridge 100! The race started with 98 people. 40+ didn't even have it in them to finish. Matt finished, and got 6th in his division, and 17th overall!! OMG, my man is pretty damn scary!

So, we were in Breckenridge for the weekend at the Beaver Run Resort, and I crewed for Matt. Cool thing is, we ran into some KC boys, Brad was racing, Joel was crewing for Brad. Joel, an employee at the Trek store in KS and a partner in the Heartland Mountain Bike Race group, had a nice little tent set up and all the tools a good mechanic should have. He let me camp out at his site and we chatted the day away. Joel is just what you'd expect from a KC bike boy...a tad on the nutty side and totally in love with the boutique singlespeed and 29er.

Here's Matt's blog post on the race to get the whole story.

So today, I did a ride with Denise! It's been ages since we've been able to ride together, cause she's crazy fast and until now, there was no chance in keeping up with her. I'm still a slug, but not too far in her dust. We went out and did a Tunnel/Otero loop--talk about a workout! First time I've been out there since the surgery. I'm nice and sore right now, but only in the hip joint. The muscles seem to be just fine right now, but we'll see in the morning. I think we're going to make our rides a weekly event, so I'll have a hammer partner 1 day a week, the fun Chica ride another day, then I'll be commuting to work (after August 8 when I move to a new work building much closer to home), plus I'll do some hard solo rides on the road as well. Riding is starting to get back into full speed! King of the Mountain may be a fun Denise ride for next week--I haven't done this ride since the surgery either. I'm really ready to start testing the waters. :)

So, here are the ride stats for tonight--
  • Ride time--1:12 hrs
  • Total time--1:37 hrs (hey, a girl has to have *some* gossip time)
  • Avg heart rate--152 (that's pretty high for me!)
  • Avg speed--7.2 mph
  • Distance--9.82 miles
  • Calories--671

1 comment:

Matt said...

Thanks for running the pit crew! The race was fun, but you made it really fun. I owe you!