Saturday, July 01, 2006

Kicking off the 4th of July Holiday

4 days off, yeah! I've been looking forward to the long break, and with my luck?? I get hit with some sort of wicked stomach bug. It started Thursday evening. I won't get into the particulars, but I can't seem to keep much food in my system for very long...we can leave it at that. Friday I went into work only because I had a some reports to go through that were due Monday for people who, for some odd reason, will be coming into work. Got those done and decided to call it a day. I felt like crap and was starting to get the chills, even though our building is a balmy 78 degrees thanks to malfunctioning air conditioning. I went home, took some ibuprofen for the chills and fell asleep, waking up when Matt got home from work. Fixed some dinner for us, then back to bed.

This morning I woke up still having cramps in the gut, but feeling better--no more chills. Matt took off with Rich for a nice Santa Fe ride, so I did a Foothills ride on my own. It wasn't the best ride I've done, but it was nice to get out. I ate a little breakfast, at least what I could stomach, but I'm still obviously pretty weak. I got light-headed on just about every climb and had to stop frequently to shake it off. I only made it to the Elena guard shack and then headed back home vial Tramway. I started from Dan's trail, which was a bit of a push to start off. In hind sight, I probably should have done the same ride but backwards. That might have given the body a chance to settle into the ride...oh well.

Met with Chris B later in the afternoon after the ride. He's finally back from the IMBA Conference in British Columbia. I guess he had a great time! He definitely came back with some great ideas for getting the club motivated. I sure hope they work. I think he and I and Matt are getting way beyond burned out. We could really use some more help.

Well, did some errands and got home about the time Matt did. We had a nice BBQ outside on the deck with a beautiful view of the Sandias. Nice way to end the day...

Time to hit the sack. Maybe I'll shake this stomach bug I still have by then.

1 comment:

K said...

Wow, you're hard core to still go out and ride even though you're sick. :)

Hope you're feeling better today!