Saturday, October 07, 2006

NEW BLOG ADDRESS!

Well, my new blog is definitely at:
http://jttrain.wordpress.com

WordPress is awesome!! I even get stats on people who surf my blog, links made to my blog, traffic to my blog, etc. It's definitely worth the switch. I'll keep this one here for archival, but otherwise, you're gonna have to come to the WordPress site for updates. See ya there!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are looking for info on Periacetabular Osteotomies, go to my archives (right hand sind, scroll down a bit) and start with the oldest ones first. You can follow some of the training I did to recover, get info on my spectacular surgeon, and more. I've also got some useful links off to the right as well for additional information. It was a long journey, but well worth it. Leave a comment at this post if you have questions and I'll respond!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeni,
I am doing some "digging" on PAO's since my doc has recommended for me. I am a 40 yr. old woman and have been dealing with hip pain since I was 16. Shots were no longer working so I went to FL Ortho Institute since it was rapidly getting worse and Dr. Watson was very surprised to find out no one had ever told me I had hip dysplasia. I wanted to see how long the recovery process took, how you feel the results are, how you decided on a surgeon, etc. My e-mail is loree.arnold@yahoo.com

Maggie Jane said...

hi jeni,

my name is margaret, and i'm a 30 yr old female and am 4 wks post operative from a periacetabular osteotomony. i found your blog as i scrolled around for info on recovery.

dr santore was also my surgeon.

i was wondering if you could share with me some details of how long it was until you could walk w/o crutches and drive. did you do PT and at what stage? and lastly, i was very active before the surgery, and i find the inactivity to be one of the hardest aspects of this experience. do you have any suggestions or advice?

many thanks,
Margaret
maggiejanec@gmail.com